ISSN 2330-717X

Opera Star Pulls From Trump’s Inauguration – OpEd

Andrea Bocelli. Photo by Dovywiarda, Wikipedia Commons.Andrea Bocelli. Photo by Dovywiarda, Wikipedia Commons.

“Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk…” according to a source close to blind opera singer Bocelli who had been determined to ‘press ahead’ and sing at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

As The Daily Mail reports, when tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday’s celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records.

But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to ‘press ahead’ and sing, but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.

The revelation came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – last night pulled out of the President-elect’s festivities after being threatened and branded an ‘Uncle Tom’.

Singer Holliday, 56, famed for her performance as Effie in Dreamgirls, had originally said she was ‘determined’ to sing for Trump despite voting against him.

She also denounced the incredible abuse she was getting and called it an attack on freedom of speech.

Stars including Elton John and Celine Dion have declined invitations to sing at the ceremony.

Isn’t it great just how ‘non-violent’ and ‘accepting’ Americans are (when they get their way)?


About the Author

MINA
MINA
MINA is the Macedonian International News Agency

Be the first to comment on "Opera Star Pulls From Trump’s Inauguration – OpEd"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


CLOSE
CLOSE