By Arab News
The Saudi Arabian government is offering a SR7 million reward for citizens who help foil terrorist attacks in the kingdom, the Ministry of Interior said on Sunday.
Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki, spokesman of the ministry, announced the bounty during a press conference in Riyadh two days after the terrorist attack on Al-Ridha Mosque in Al-Ahsa province.
Four people were killed and 36 injured when one of the suicide bombers blew himself up and his accomplice opened fire Friday after security men stopped them at the gate of the mosque during the congregational prayers.
Al-Turki said the ministry is also giving SR1 mikkuib to those who provide credible information on the whereabouts of a terrorist.
The ministry said among those being hunted are the perpetrators of the suicide bomb attack on the Special Emergency Force Mosque in Abha on August 6, 2015, in which 15 people were killed.
A couple, Fahad Al-Harbi and his wife Abeer al-Harbi, had been arrested for helping the suicide bomber reach Abha, according to the MOI.
It said nine other suspects are still being hunted for the crime, including a soldier named Salah al-Shahrani, and two others named Ali Fouad al-Dahwi and Saleh al-Dura’an.
The MOI lamented that Shahrani “betrayed his duties and colleagues.”
In the Al-Ahsa mosque attack last Friday, probers have identified the suicide bomber who died as Abdulrahman bin Abdullah bin Suleiman Al-Tuwaijri, 22 years old.
Al-Turki said the second terrorist, a 27-year old who name is still being withheld, is under treatment from severe injuries he sustained major injuries after being ganged upon by angry worshippers. The wounded terrorist was carrying a suicide belt and grenades.
Police have earlier announced the arrest of 33 suspected terrorists in the past days, including 14 Saudis and 19 foreigners.
A report by Al Arabiya Television said the foreigners included nine American citizens, three Yemenis, two Syrians, an Indonesian, a Filipino, an Emirati, a Kazakhstan national and a Palestinian.