I never liked holidays too much. In fact, through reading of the history books, I tend to notice a myriad of key dates that were once celebrated and are no longer recognized today. There are a variety of names that once labeled certain streets, or areas, but are no longer visible today. And indeed, there are a variety of countries that had a completely different name, but currently don’t exist.
This reminds me of my stay in Switzerland in 2006 when I saw a sign on a house where it was written that the name of the street, in the center of Geneva, had been there since 1642. I remember I paused, and thought of the miserable Balkan nation(s) that gives (and has given) the names to the streets — and is still giving — to invaders, murderers, criminals and pedophiles. This is done, all because of their masochistic desire to control, and that they eternally hope for a better, here and now.
And that’s why I do not like the holidays — because the are marked by certain events recorded in a historical time, and which we know just from different books for their content, and as such we can say that the history textbooks are books that are carefully written with “chosen words.”
Because of these “chosen words,” I do not like the holidays, because I’d love to know who and what is behind these “chosen words,” and perhaps explain how we have seen how the Communists perish – like rotten pears. This little misery of a country that bears the name of Bosnia and Herzegovina — in which there are two entities that carry the name of the Republic of Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina — next month celebrates a holiday. It celebrates Statehood Day or the Day of the State. Some claim that this is the most important day in the country’s history. This is a day when half the country does not work (and for the half of that half I’m a little bit suspicious) while the other half does.
But what do they, or not, work for? In a word, ending the story of an area that once was upon a time was a country. And today it is a paradise for the predatory mafia, where the government prior to the National Day discusses power-sharing with Parliament members, who represent that entity within the national level of Bosnia and Herzegovina, while at the same time people are starving.
That’s why I do not like the holidays. Because I have nothing to celebrate!
I would love that:
- 80 percent of the poor people in Bosnia and Herzegovina would finally regain their sight and see through this charade
- To finally understand how they care less about the country, regardless of the name of the country
- To have finally an ESSENCE to replace the FORM and that we, methodologically, kick some gang asses
- That nationalism for the country can become a pedestal of sanity, instead of chauvinism for ethnos
- That democracy replace democrature
- So as to be able avoid to write these essays for Eurasia Review month after month, where I wonder if it is nothing more than just writing and talking. With a new associates and, fortunately, without giving up!
WikiLeaks, or in translation where you have been and what’s up, pal?
The whole world in the last five years is dealing with “surprises,” “disappointments” of various kinds about and due to the reports published by WikiLeaks, of nearly a million confidential documents from the correspondence of diplomats and politicians in US, but also in other countries.
It is interesting how many “empty-hollow” kind of stories can be found in one place. It would be enough for Julian Assange or Edward Snowden to come to Bosnia and Herzegovina (in its both entities) and they would immediately become aware of how much secrecy exists here.
Nothing! Not at all! Nada! Here is all done so transparently so that people, due to happiness, are starving. I think, perhaps, it would not be bad to take advantage of SOLAR YOGA in that here in Bosnia we could just freely walk under the sun of hope, while eating sunlight and drinking water.
Just give us that, this little bit of happiness, because, in that case, all the conspiracy theories would not exist. Sadly, however, the problem of the “leakage” of information in Bosnia and Herzegovina is even deeper and wider than anywhere else in the world, excuse me, on the planet.
Specifically, we must first determine “from whose house” information is leaking. Is it green (Muslim), red (Serbian) or blue (Croatian)? And only then will we find out whether it is true. But this again generates — you guessed it — a new problem. In fact, the truth depends on who you ask for an opinion. But there is here also something positive, innovative, and unique in the world. Here you have THREE truths (Croatian, Serbian and / or Muslim). What you would do now, dear Julian Assange or Edward Snowden? I would like to see you now, and how you would act?
I have a long experience within the field of literature. For almost four decades (to be precise: 36 years). I am active in all literary genres. The quality of what I publish, well I am the last one who should speak and write about that. I never thought that literature, the art of words, contained within itself some more or less valuable forms, or types, excuse me, genres.
And everything that people do, realized and act in cooperation with other people. There are no abstract “deciders” what is good today, here and now, and what will be good tomorrow. Baudelaire, Shakespeare, Twain, Bukowski, Pamuk and Andrić are the reflection of the individual waves within literary fate. Each and everyone of them, within their own hopes have a one quality more. But when we talk and write about satirists, I must emphasize that these are special writers, who do not hesitate, often by name, to indicate the distractions of society in which they inhabited, because of that they often suffer.
Satire is the art of words, but the art of life is full of cruel and warning words. Those people who live in a way they write. People who have no prejudice and that write about absolutely everything that destroys tissue of development within their community. Satirists are not those who have a prejudice of any kind.
Those with prejudices may think they are satirists, but if they keep quiet about something, they indirectly place themselves under the skirts of manipulators of wonder, in other words, the beggars of the mind that are and will continue to manage our lives if we do not wake up, even slightly, the awareness of “ordinary” people , our readers, first of all.
Regardless if we write about “communists, chauvinists, mediocrities, criminals …” we must not forget that you are what and how you’re doing. You can think what you want about yourself, but if you play just for the survival or support for one system, one ideology, one vision … you will not go far. Also, literature as art sui generis changes and adapts to space and time in which is created. Please, do not call yourself a satirist if you do not have a stand. Everything else is a hoax. Even if you live in that kind of way, then you are on the pedestal of your own destiny with one aphorism of mine: “I think. Therefore, I’m hungry! “Maybe it’s better than to die as a servant … of the beggars of mind!
IF I AM…
- Chauvinist, it would be good. Then I would, easily, among the writers, find interlocutors on the other side as well. Just as politicians together agreed on shares while they are agitating people(s) against each other.
- Communist, it would be good. Within mourning for the “good old days” I would collect scraps from the table of tycoon intentions, hoping that I would survive to greet the dawn. Not even realizing that tomorrow will be a conversation about our times as the good old days, having in mind that the World with each “new times” lurches and sinking deeper within socially engaged anarchy, excuse me, chaos.
- Ass kisser, it would be good. I would go to the work from 08:00 to 16:00 hours and on daily bases I would talk about world politics, because none of my concern is hundreds of thousands of hungry people within my own country. I have something to eat. Within a time when my child grows up in hatred against the other and different one and with a goal of shaping of “human servant” instead of “human of existence-which aspires”, whatever that means.
- Member of the Party, any, it would be good. I would found my bread within the circle of like-minded that has a mutual aim: To build a society for themselves and by themselves. For others, whatever they are calling themselves, there is a solution: Either you with us or you will not exist.
However, there is one problem. I cannot be any of the above, because I am transparent and open to the pain. Am I human?
I do not know. We should wait for a century. For me to survive.
Please Donate Today
Did you enjoy this article? Then please consider donating today to ensure that Eurasia Review can continue to be able to provide similar content.