South Korea says hundreds of Libyan looters have stormed a South Korean construction site near Tripoli, sparking a fight that injured 18 foreign workers, including 15 Bangladeshis and three South Koreans.
The South Korean foreign ministry says about 500 people, some carrying weapons, invaded the construction site 30 kilometers west of the Libyan capital late Sunday into early Monday. It says the site employs 1,600 Bangladeshis and 40 to 50 South Koreans.
South Korea says two Bangladeshis were stabbed by the rioters and seriously injured, while the injuries to the three South Koreans were not serious.
South Korea’s Yonhap news agency Libyan looters also have raided several South Korean construction sites in the country’s east since anti-government protests erupted in the North African nation last week.