By DoD News
US and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported Sunday.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Airstrikes in Syria
Attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft conducted nine airstrikes in Syria:
- Near Hasakah, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL structures, an ISIL armored truck and an ISIL bunker.
- Near Hawl, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL excavator
- Near Raqqah, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIL excavators.
- Near Ayn Isa, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL bunkers and an ISIL supply truck.
- Near Washiyah, an airstrike had inconclusive results.
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 17 airstrikes in Iraq, coordinated with the government of Iraq:
- Near Baghdadi, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL buildings, an ISIL bunker, an ISIL excavator and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
- Near Rutbah, an airstrike destroyed two ISIL front-end loaders.
- Near Beiji, two airstrikes struck one large and one small ISIL tactical unit and destroyed five ISIL buildings, two ISIL heavy machine guns, an ISIL improvised explosive device and an ISIL recoilless rifle.
- Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL mortar firing position and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
- Near Ramadi, two airstrikes struck an ISIL vehicle and destroyed two ISIL buildings.
- Near Sinjar, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and an ISIL staging area and destroyed six ISIL fighting positions, four ISIL light machine guns and an ISIL building.
- Near Tuz, five airstrikes destroyed 27 ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL vehicles, an ISIL bunker, an ISIL rocket rail and an ISIL weapons cache.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations, officials said.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the United States, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.