ISSN 2330-717X

China Denies Sending Troops To North Korea

By

China on Wednesday dismissed media reports saying that Chinese troops had entered North Korea, Xinhua said.

Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Yang Yujun said reports claiming that Chinese force had entered North Korea as requested by the country to help maintain its stability were “totally groundless.”

Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands paid their last respects to former North Korean leader Kim Jong-il as the reclusive country started a two-day funeral service for its deceased “dear leader.”

According to the North Korean state news agency, Kim Jong-il died of a heart attack while traveling on a train on December 17, aged 69. However, U.S. and South Korean intelligence sources said that he could not have died on the train as it had been stationary all week.

Ria Novosti

Ria Novosti

RIA Novosti was Russia's leading news agency in terms of multimedia technologies, website audience reach and quoting by the Russian media.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.