Angelina Jolie, Christiano Ronaldo To Star In Syrian Refugee TV Show

Angelina Jolie will star in a Turkish TV show about a Syrian family fleeing the country’s civil war alongside Christiano Ronaldo and Nancy Ajram, according to reports in Turkey.

The Real Madrid superstar, 32, often visits the country while Hollywood actress Jolie is well known for her charity work.

“We will begin filming in the first week of April, the series is about the plight of a refugee family and what they go through. There will be appearances from actors and actresses from all over the world including Cristiano Ronaldo, Angelina Jolie and Nancy Ajram,” director Eyup Dirlik was quoted as saying in Turkish media.

Meanwhile, Jolie was in Cambodia on Saturday to unveil her new film on the horrors of the Khmer Rouge era.

Cambodia’s king and survivors of the communist regime were among some 1,500 people invited to the debut screening of “First They Killed My Father,” directed by Jolie and based on the memoirs of Loung Ung.

Loung Ung was five years old when Khmer Rouge troops, led by Pol Pot, swept into Phnom Penh plunging her family into a harrowing ordeal that saw them sent to brutal labor camps before her eventual escape to the US.

In its quest for an agrarian Marxist utopia, the regime killed up to 2 million Cambodians between 1975-79 through execution, starvation and overwork.

It is the second movie by Jolie to tackle the subject of genocide — in 2011 she made a film about the Bosnian conflict featuring mostly local actors.

But her latest silver screen offering is more personal.

The Hollywood star previously said it was her adopted Cambodian son Maddox who pushed her to make the film.

At a press conference in Siem Reap, Jolie described Cambodia as a “second home.” It also brought her closer to her son, she said.


Enjoy the article?

Did you find this article informative? Please consider contributing to Eurasia Review, as we are truly independent and do not receive financial support from any institution, corporation or organization.


 

Arab News

Arab News

Arab News is Saudi Arabia's first English-language newspaper. It was founded in 1975 by Hisham and Mohammed Ali Hafiz. Today, it is one of 29 publications produced by Saudi Research & Publishing Company (SRPC), a subsidiary of Saudi Research & Marketing Group (SRMG).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CLOSE
CLOSE