There is a strange thing going on in Europe with a possible reflection that might confuse the wider community if, of course, certain presumptions occur very soon in the USA.
On the one hand, we have the newly established community of the left-wing leader Yanis Varoufakis, accompanied by respected intellectuals from all around the World (yes, you read well, not just from Europe) — and the number increases every day with at least 3,000 new members since February 2016t. Here, we are speaking about the Democracy in Europe Movement (DiEm25).
And then on the other hand, we have a US left-wing candidate for president in Bernie Sanders, who is slowly, but surely leading Hillary Clinton (as in New Hampshire just a few days ago) in the combat for the Democrat Party’s presidential nomination.
How are those two seemingly unconnected things a new solution for the World – in general?
Through the following:
- To place in the control of the people thousands and thousands lobbyists on both sides of Atlantic ocean – with their names and the list of their client names;
- If it is democracy that rules, then the government should be responsible to the people and not another, opposite way;
- Currencies (Euro and USA $ dollar) should be instruments, not ends-in-themselves;
- All the people deserve a better life – not just chosen, rich, 1 %;
- Socialism with a human face – as democracy for humanity;
- Transparency in the work of the Government as a basic presumption of real democracy;
- Social media and new technology as the basic tool for social innovation within a better way of living and working;
- No need for “Wiki leaks and Snowden show” – all important and crucial negotiations, plans and outcomes of the documents related to the future of citizens should be immediately uploaded on Web;
The problem is a bloody cocooning of the countries and standings that we can do everything alone. Why? Because, nobody is free until somebody’s democracy is violated. Nobody can live in dignity as long as another is denied it. Nobody can hope for prosperity if another is pushed into permanent insolvency and depression.
How we can talk about growth, having in mind how many people within our country, regardless if we are talking about Europe and/or USA, are living in poverty and misery.
The people currently in power in the USA and Europe are servants of capital and not of democracy. The establishment of this has created deep contemptuous feelings and acts against democracy.
So, why we are talking, again, about mixing peaches and apples while talking about Europe and the USA? Simply, because people are, on both sides, fed up with the false promises of neo-liberalism1 (except “spreading democracy using our army forces around the Globe”) without any positive reflection back within the homes of the voters, regardless if they are from Europe and/or USA.
That said, we have another two very difficult parts against this scenario that must be mentioned: Russia and the so-called Islamic state. What about them? Nobody knows yet. Or, it has been agreed upon, again, due to conspiracy theorists, that we will meet again, after the next World war.
But, where? In socialism as a logical human recovery from capitalism that will, this time, start from the West and die on the East. The last time it was the opposite case.
Or, we will start to create societies that are transparent, realistic, decentralized, pluralist, social, egalitarian, cultured, productive, sustainable, ecological, creative, technological, historically-minded, internationalist, peaceful, open and liberated.
Uh, is it too much to ask for or am I really blind and utopian?
This will not happen easily, but it is worth of trying because of our children, at least.
What more can they (and we, surely) lose?