Dozens of protesters stormed Libya’s national congress on Tuesday, October 30 as it voted on a proposed government, saying they were unhappy with some of the ministers, a Reuters witness said, according to the news agency.
Fewer than 100 people, including civilians and former rebel fighters, charged into the hall as the congress voted on Prime Minister Ali Zeidan’s proposed cabinet line-up, which he had named earlier on Tuesday.
Members of the congress were negotiating with the protesters to leave the room, a Reuters reporter at the scene said. The session, aired on Libyan television, was briefly cut off but when it resumed protesters could still be seen in the hall.
Thanks for reading Eurasia Review. For more of our reporting make sure to sign up for our free newsletter!