In journalism, there are five types of beings who call themselves journalists, dear friend! A reputable professor raised his weary head on this Sunday afternoon. Do you have to bother me on this holy day with your amusements? – Shortly rewarded me my professor.
Please, I have to say this, because, after almost thirty-five years of direct participation in a “joint scribomania” you owe me at least ten minutes of time. Come on, ok … he said curtly, apparently indifferent.
- The first type was those who in their whole working life spend within the leeward of no resenting, transferring information as providers/givers wanted. Merely, bloodless reporting with satisfaction of 5 W (“five doubles”) with the aim to lull the public that, here and now, is as it is because of “objective conditions and subjective weaknesses.”
- The second type are those that sometimes “jumped from the rails”, but quickly return back into it getting cut some on the fingers. Those are the same who are changing the sides as it suits them. Today they are, tomorrow they are not. And again everything starts from the beginning.
- The third type, my dear professor, are those who are with their own arguments unspeakable heading towards presenting the truth as it is and no matter how painful it may be. They do not even know that in this region the truth has never had a great price/value. Just like that saying: “So it’s true. So, it will be worse for her.”
- The fourth type (“species” – said the British) are those who look upon journalism only as a source of revenue by selling rather than presenting the information as such. How much you pay for it, so you equally get back. And even “not a penny more.”
- And finally, the fifth type is those pachyderms who maintain all attacks on their own being by those in power. Who remained poor, rich in spirit and materially poor. They, the miserable ones, even do not know that they live only once. At least this life. For another one we will see.
It makes me tired. This story of yours. But answer me the following question briefly and clearly: “In which group you belong to?”
In a subgroup, my professor! It has to be determined.
I have nothing else to expect from you. You always excelled with your inconsistency.
What do you think, dear reader?… Leaving me, talking to a third person, my own alter ego.