ISSN 2330-717X

Turkey President Says Ankara Blast Was Terrorist Attack

By

Turkish President Abdullah Gul has called Tuesday’s deadly explosion in the centre of Ankara a terrorist attack.

At least three people were killed and another fifteen injured when suspected car bomb went off in the Turkish capital.

Gull, who is currently on visit in Germany, also expressed his condolences to relatives of those killed or injured in the attack.

Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said the blast was caused by a car bomb. Other officials said a burning gas canister had been tossed onto a vehicle.

Ambulances and fire engines rushed to the scene. Police set up a security cordon at the scene of the blast in case of a secondary explosion.

Turkey has previously been hit by bomb attacks by Kurdish separatists and Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda.

Click here to have Eurasia Review's newsletter delivered via RSS, as an email newsletter, via mobile or on your personal news page.

Ria Novosti

RIA Novosti was Russia's leading news agency in terms of multimedia technologies, website audience reach and quoting by the Russian media.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.